SUPER DUDES POWER SQUAD FORUM!!

...29 dudes at the edge of the internets...

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Best Cheesesteak in Philly?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Gooch
Noob (lvl. 2)

PostSubject: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:49 pm

This may be a pointless thread as there is almost surely not absolute answer to this question. But I have a friend coming to town who wants to try a REAL cheesesteak.

I'm considering taking him to one of two places.

1. (MY personal fav)Jim's on South:With thin strips of beef finely chopped up right in front of you, Amoroso rolls, and meat that melts in your mouth. I don't think there is a better cheesesteak in the city. At least I haven't had one.

2.Pat's King of Steaks-I personally don't believe this should be considered an elite cheesesteak, but more so considered a tourist trap. I'm considering bringing him here since it is the "original" and although the steak may not be the best the lights and scene being directly across from the bright lights of Geno's is pretty cool. Also since well probably be hitting the bars it may be the only place open.

SO I reach out to you Super Dudes....where should I take my friend for the best cheesesteak?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
randicus
Rube
Rube

PostSubject: Re: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:07 pm

Sad to say, but usually you find the best cheesesteaks out in the burbs. As far as the city is concerned, Jim's is solid. Pat's is the experience and Geno's is just wack, but if I want Geno's - theres nothing that can fill that void.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave
Keeper of the ManCat

PostSubject: Re: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 pm

roman's in roxborough is never fail. the best i've had....

also REALLY good is sue's lunch truck at drexel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.superdps.com
Alex
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:58 pm

As far as Downtown goes...I can't think of anywhere that I've had a BAD cheesesteak. I didn't really like Pat's but that's because I got it with Cheese Whiz, and it was dry and shitty...but it could be better if I actually got what I wanted on it.

Anyways...as I was saying...I love Geno's (but it's kindof expensive).
I love Jim's (but it's also kindof expensive).

I guess I'm spoiled by Roxborough's cheesesteaks. Not the taste (mind you)...although I agree with Dave that Roman's is fucking awesome...

Roxborough's cheesesteaks are often underpriced, and often it shows in the quality, but sometimes it doesn't.

Truthfully, you can get a good cheesesteak just about anywhere; however, Roxborough is probably the only place you can get a good cheesesteak for under the price of a Kidney on the black market.

But...if you're going downtown anyways...I'd say Jim's or Geno's...
...both are tourist attractions, but the steaks are delicious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.superdps.com
Janine Feeney
Rube
Rube

PostSubject: Steve's Prince of Steaks   Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm

My two all time favorite Cheesesteak shops are Brothers Pizza in Cinnaminson, NJ and Jim's Steaks on South Street. However, recently I discovered Steve's Prince of Steaks on Bustleton Avenue. And now it's my favorite. I think it's more known to NE kids and SJ kids, but its very good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gooch
Noob (lvl. 2)

PostSubject: Re: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

i was introduced to Steve's:Prince by a longtime NE resident and I agree thats a very good steak as well. I would put that in my top 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan Sun!
Rube
Rube

PostSubject: I'll have to say that...   Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 pm

...I am a fan of Pat's. I don't care for Geno's. Jim's on south st. I thought was a little bland to be honest. i've heard miraculous things about steve's on buselton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Cheesesteak in Philly?   

Back to top Go down

Best Cheesesteak in Philly?
Page 1 of 1